[Talk] society of linux professionals (WA)

Steve Jenkin sjenkin at pcug.org.au
Thu Apr 10 14:41:08 EST 2003

I've only just come across a mention of this group.
Google shows their website and that they are known to AUUG. [and no other
groups outside WA]  $100/yr membership.

It's a real shame that they didnt see AUUG as a viable voice for them.
Is this a specific enough niche to be a SIG of AUUG [not in WA, but
elsewhere]??

What do others think??
Setting up viable, active and vibrant groups is no easy matter... BUT, how do
we answer "where do you 'up' from a Linux Users Group"?

cheers
sj
---

http://www.slpwa.asn.au/slpwa-main.cgi

"The society held its inaugural meeting on 30 June 2002 after much discussion
on the Perth Linux Users Group [PLUG]  mailing list about the lack of a
professional body for open source software, mainly Linux, in Western
Australia. The Society of Linux Professionals (Western Australia) was
incorporated on 12 July 2002.
Steve Jenkin
PO Box 48, Kippax ACT 2615
(m) 0412 786 915