[Talk] Reality check...

Luigi Cantoni LCantoni at asi.com.au
Thu Sep 12 09:38:13 EST 2002

Well I have been doing it for years with clients who I have to assume are
basically computer illiterate.

Process is simple.
Two removable cradles on the two channels.
One external drive in a cradle also.
All drives set as master.

Each night cron backs up to the other drive.

Once a week they power down and swap the second drive over with one in the
safe.

99% of the time disk failure is just pop out the main drive and put the
backup in and reboot with the bad drive in the backup spot.

Connect to the machine and see if any of today's work can be salvaged.

Site is up and working average time 20 minutes.

I have this basic method working at about 400 sites and I would not look
back.

Regards Luigi Cantoni
Client Solutions Manager
ASI Solutions            Perth Branch Office
8 Lord Street            33 Kensington St
Botany  NSW  2019        East Perth WA 6001
Phn: 02 9384 8019        08 9221 7667
Fax: 02 9666 5655        08 9325 4848