[Talk] Shocking new SPAM tactic

Enno Davids enno.davids at metva.com.au
Tue Oct 22 16:31:55 EST 2002

On Tue, Oct 22, 2002 at 03:10:15PM +1000, David Purdue wrote:
|I just received a piece of SPAM.
|
|It was addressed to me - my email was in the To: header.
|
|It was from me - my email was in the From: header.
|
|How many people have themselves on their block list?

Even worse, its been common practice for spammers for some time now to choose
random 'winners' from their 'targetted lists' to be the reply-to and from
addresses of their email. You'll know when you're the winner when 10,000 or
20,000 bounce messages come back your way....

That's the really disturbing one as you get the rep for this shite and your
mailbox and/or bandwidth charges go through the roof.

As you say, care to add your own address to the block list?

Enno.