[Talk] Re: [AUUG-ANNOUNCE]: AUUG moving forward

Glenn Satchell Glenn.Satchell at uniq.com.au
Thu Mar 21 21:37:16 EST 2002

> From: Greg Rose <ggr at qualcomm.com>
>
> At 07:29 PM 3/21/2002 +1100, D A Vincent wrote:
> >Help.

[interesting observations snipped]

> What I think I'm suggesting, without trying to be too serious about it, is
> that AUUG should perhaps go down a route of charging nearly $0 for
> membership, not produce a newsletter, and just run conferences and mailing
> lists open to all and sundry.

Interesting idea, sounds feasible...

> (There are probably legal wrinkles to be
> worked out regarding incorporation as an association, but I'm sure we could
> find 20 people to pay $1 per year for membership, or whatever it takes.)

You make, say, $1 out of the conference fee go towards membership, that
way you don't have the overhead of collecting it separately. But you
let anyone sign up for the mailing lists.

regards,
-glenn
--
Glenn Satchell               mailto:glenn at uniq.com.au  ((*  That's me