[Talk] Saving wasted postage

David Bullock db at dawnbreaks.net
Tue Jul 30 12:46:37 EST 2002

On Tue, 30 Jul 2002, Greg Black wrote:

> Greg 'groggy' Lehey wrote:
>
> | On Monday, 29 July 2002 at 18:35:32 +1000, Greg Black wrote:
> | > I have been getting two copies of mail about the Conference for ages
> | > now and nothing I do to try to stop the wasted extra copy of these
> | > items has been successful.  Does anybody know how we can work on
> | > this?
> |
> | In the course of migrating the membership database, I hope we'll be
> | able to do something about it.  In the meantime, have you contacted
> | Liz and told her the names that are on the mailing labels?
>
> I have posted the multiple labels to the AUUG office on more
> than one occasion.  I don't know who gets that mail or what
> happens to it.  I do know that this has not worked to stop the
> wasted postage.  If you or anybody else can tell me what to do
> to get the extra data removed, I'll be happy to oblige.
>
> FWIW, the name on both labels is identical (perhaps with extra
> spaces between elements, but that's hard to be sure of with the
> fonts used).  The only difference is that one label has "PO Box
> xxx" while the other has "P.O. Box xxx".

Hi there.  I'll just chime in and say that giving some loving DBA-like
attention to the membership database, and the setup of an online
'update your own details' form for members is a top personal priority
for me as incoming secretary.

A part of the problem to date has been with database infrastructure
and consistent update procedures.  When these are properly put in
place, expect a much smoother AUUG membership experience!

regards,
David.

Secretary, AUUG.

--