[Talk] Saving wasted postage

Greg Black gjb at gbch.net
Tue Jul 30 12:23:34 EST 2002

Greg 'groggy' Lehey wrote:

| On Monday, 29 July 2002 at 18:35:32 +1000, Greg Black wrote:
| > I have been getting two copies of mail about the Conference for ages
| > now and nothing I do to try to stop the wasted extra copy of these
| > items has been successful.  Does anybody know how we can work on
| > this?
|
| In the course of migrating the membership database, I hope we'll be
| able to do something about it.  In the meantime, have you contacted
| Liz and told her the names that are on the mailing labels?

I have posted the multiple labels to the AUUG office on more
than one occasion.  I don't know who gets that mail or what
happens to it.  I do know that this has not worked to stop the
wasted postage.  If you or anybody else can tell me what to do
to get the extra data removed, I'll be happy to oblige.

FWIW, the name on both labels is identical (perhaps with extra
spaces between elements, but that's hard to be sure of with the
fonts used).  The only difference is that one label has "PO Box
xxx" while the other has "P.O. Box xxx".

Greg