[Talk] Web Browser Exclusion

Anthony David adavid at adavid.com.au
Mon Dec 9 17:44:37 EST 2002

Stephen Rothwell <sfr at canb.auug.org.au> writes:

> Hi All,
>
> My recent experience is http://www.abr.gov.au/. This page is OK, but try
> to follow the link to register for an ABN (a useful thing to try to do). I
> tried Galen, Mozilla and Netscape.  Only IE would work.  Anyone else want
> to try it.
>
> I have sent them a polite note pointing out not only the IE bias, but the
> fact that the "your browser is unsupported" page is (or at least, was)
> broken.

Interesting

I have dealings with the developers of that site and in the past
they did make some effort to ensure cross-browser support. They even
got an iMac to assist with their testing. Looking at their site,
it has recently been revamped, I suspect by the new owners :(

The referral page 404s as well ...

--
Anthony David

Gambling(n): A discretionary tax on those asleep during high school maths
http://adavid.com.au/
0xA72CE1ED fingerprint = EA1E C69E FE59 BBE1 AA4B  F354 BD09 9765 A72C E1ED