System Admin Symposium reminder

Enno Davids enno at doc.metva.com.au
Fri Apr 4 12:09:01 EST 2003

Hey everyone,

just a last minute reminder that the Systems Administration Symposium is next
week. So if you are planning to go but haven't yet gotten the paperwork in to
Liz at the AUUG office, now would be a good time to do so. (The vagaries of
catering being what they are, they need a few days notice of numbers, so
whilst it is possible to register and attend right up to the morning on the
day, if too many of you leave it that late we cannot always guarantee that
you'll get the lunch you'll be paying for...)

So if you are attending and have just left the paperwork, perhaps drop it
in the fax machine now. If you're at a corporate and have approval to attend
but are waiting on the corporate wheels to turn, perhaps send your registration
form in now and perhaps bring a cheque on the day or process payment next
week in whatever manner is relevant.

On another more awkward matter, one of our speakers has had to withdraw due
to a sudden conflict of commitments. We are looking to see if we can fill
in with a last minute speaker or we may have to juggle around the program.
(i.e. allow more time for lunch and perhaps finish a little earlier).

If any of you know any speakers looking for a gig or indeed have material that
can be pressed into service and are willing to present, drop me a line...

Cheers,

Enno.
Program Chair.