Tomorrow - AUUG NSW Chapter Meeting - 28 November in North Sydney!

Gordon Hubbard gordon at customtech.com.au
Wed Nov 27 10:01:57 EST 2002

We hope to see you at the AUUG NSW Chapter meeting tomorrow evening!

Please see the original announcement for details (below) and let Liz
Carroll know by email <busmgr at auug.org.au>.

Regards
Gordon Hubbard, Treasurer, AUUG Inc.
<gordon at CustomTech.com.au>

The Chapter meeting is an opportunity to meet and form friendships with
like minded people from Sydney and surrounds, as well as the opportunity
to learn from the invited presenter(s)! We hope you can come along!

Next Meeting
------------
6:15pm Thursday 28 November 2002 - with free entry for members and
non-members!

Presentations -

   Matthew Chapman - recent winner of the "application" category
   in the AUUG Australian Open Source Awards 2002
   http://www.auug.org.au/awards/aosa/ for his work on
   rdesktop (http://www.rdesktop.org/) will talk about rdesktop
   and also his experiences with porting Linux applications to
   the IA64 architecture.

   Presentation of the John Lions Award For 2002
   http://www.auug.org.au/publications/press/lionsWinner2002.html
   to Luke Macpherson.

Discussions -

   The 2003 Chapter Committee

Planning to attend?
Please let Liz Carroll know by email <busmgr at auug.org.au> or by calling
1800 625 655 (Free Call), or just turn up on the night!

Meeting "Agenda"
----------------
Meetings start at 6:15 pm with a brief introduction and two
presentations (typically 30 minutes each) separated by a break for
coffee. Meetings close by 8:15pm when attendees are free to adjourn to a
local restaurant to continue discussions in a more casual atmosphere!

Location
--------
Sun Microsystems
Ground Floor
33 Berry Street (cnr Pacific Hwy)
North Sydney

AUUG NSW Chapter Contacts
By email to <auug-nsw-exec at auug.org.au>, <Gordon.Hubbard at auug.org.au> or
Liz Carroll <busmgr at auug.org.au>.

Please visit the Chapter web site for updates:
http://www.auug.org.au/nswauug/