[AUUG-Talk]: Ummm, what is AUUG's Status

Lawrie Brown Lawrie.Brown at canb.auug.org.au
Mon Aug 23 18:00:34 EST 2010

Hi Steve

On Mon, Aug 23, 2010 at 04:19:26PM +1000, steve jenkin wrote:
> Would it be possible to get a summary of what's happened since the last
> report to the list?
> [Or is what's below exactly that?]

Pretty much, yes.

As far as I know, here's where we stand:

The Transfer of the Lions Award Funds was successfully completed last
year, that was the biggest concern I had.

The AUUG email lists & web sites have been migrated to PCUG servers
following the failure of the AUUG server some time back, and are now
under Stephen Rothwell's watchful eye.

Copies of AUUGN's & some AUUGC's have been sent to Google, but we've not
heard back from them about whether they've been digitised yet.  Meanwhile
Warren Toomey has made his own digital copies of AUUGNs available.

Bank accounts have been rationaised to minimise costs (but Peter W
will need to comment on latest status there).

We've had some exchanges of email with the LA committee, but as I
noted these occur, then die out without satisfactory resolution.

And as noted, we need to get audits done and tax returns filed
before any further progress can happen on legal side.

As with everything to do with AUUG in recent times, there is the
odd burst of effort then subsumed with apathy as people's busy lives
and other interests take precedence.

Regards
Lawrie