[AUUG-Talk]: Ummm, what is AUUG's Status

Lawrie Brown Lawrie.Brown at canb.auug.org.au
Mon Aug 23 15:54:17 EST 2010

Hi Frank & All

On Sun, Aug 22, 2010 at 09:10:08PM +1000, Frank Crawford wrote:
> What is AUUG's status now, both legally and in practice?  I assume it is
> really defunct, but is that the legal case?

Pretty much nearly defunct.

Outstanding tasks as far as I know are to arrange for transfer of excess
funds to Linux Australia - this has proved to be surprisingly difficult
to manage in a fashion that conforms to both out requirements, which is
extremely frustrating. And we need to arrange audits & tax returns
for the last few years.

Until all of those have been done we're not in a position to consider
orderly wind-up (if thats even possible given the impasse over who is
recognised as public officer by the Vic authorities).

Cheers
Lawrie