[AUUG-Talk]: Wind up AUUG: Objections?

Peter Jeremy peterjeremy at optushome.com.au
Tue Oct 28 19:44:39 EST 2008

On 2008-Oct-28 10:44:11 +1100, Karl Auer <kauer at biplane.com.au> wrote:
>The key words here are "by way of dividend". I.e., profits can't be
>distributed.
>Really: There is no legal or constitutional barrier to giving anything
>we choose to anyone we choose, within the limits I've mentioned (good
>faith, benefit to the association, applicable law).

IANAL but I would be really surprised if CAV agreed with your
interpretation.  My understanding is that "assets can't be
distributed to members" is a requirement under the Act.  I
suggest you get some advice from CAV or a lawyer.

The comment made later about the MacBook is irrelevant - title in the
MacBook remains with AUUG - the Board authorises the Treasurer to have
it in his posession to enable him to maintain the accounts.

--
Peter Jeremy