[AUUG-Talk]: Wind up AUUG: Objections?

Kevin Dawson kevind at esi.com.au
Mon Oct 27 22:54:29 EST 2008

On Mon, 2008-10-27 at 21:38 +1100, Lawrie Brown wrote:
> Hi Kevin
>
> On Wed, Oct 22, 2008 at 12:44:35PM +1100, Kevin Dawson wrote:
>
> Hmmm - this looks like its been in a time warp, as I've not seen
> it before. However info is useful, thanks.

Time warp, he says...  I've spent the past few hours writing another
missive now that I have the chance :-)  It'll be out shortly.

> Its still not too late to have an election and then an AGM (the
> constitution says sometime in 2nd half of year).

Except that the Board ceased to be at the end of June, so whatever we do
now is subject to scrutiny by Those With Big Sticks (ie, CAV).

> >       * We have 24 members at present,

I'll add that that includes the 3 life members.

> > A particular concern is the Lions Trust.  Various people have said, with
> > various levels of conviction, that it would remain unaffected should
> > AUUG disappear.  I know very little about the workings of trusts, so
>
> Steps are being taken to transfer those assets to the UNSW Lions Chair.
> Ensuring that has been done before wind-up is on my list. I'm liasing
> with Peter and Chris Vance on that one.

I've addressed that further in my other email.

Thanks,
Kevin