[AUUG-Talk]: Wind up AUUG: Objections?

Lawrie Brown Lawrie.Brown at canb.auug.org.au
Sun Oct 26 15:11:26 EST 2008

Hi Stephen

On Sun, Oct 26, 2008 at 02:27:11PM +1100, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
> To that end I would like to propose the formation of the AUUG
> Preservation Society (or Historical Society if people would prefer) with
> founding members Greg Lehey, myself, Karl Auer, Lawrie Brown and any
> other current or ex member of AUUG who wants to put their hand up.  The
> purpose of the Society is to preserve the electronic assets of AUUG until
> such time as AUUG wishes to resume its activities.
>
> To that end I call on the board (or failing that) the public officer to
> transfer the domain name and the contents of the web site and mailing
> lists (and any other "non tangible" assets it sees fit) into the safe
> keeping of the Society.

Don't get me wrong - I am completely in favor of this.

However, for the reasons I spelt out in my earlier posting today, I
really feel there has to be something a little more formal, a set
of rules covered the items I mentioned previously.

Unless someone can give me some firm legal opion to the contrary.

Regards
Lawrie