[AUUG-Talk]: Wind up AUUG: Objections?

Stephen Rothwell sfr at canb.auug.org.au
Sun Oct 26 14:27:11 EST 2008

On Sun, 26 Oct 2008 10:43:27 +1100 Karl Auer <kauer at biplane.com.au> wrote:

> I don't know if I'm the "Karl" mentioned. If I am I didn't realise I was
> part of a group :-) but I would certainly happy to take on the domain
> name(s) and keep the email addresses running.
>
> Another obvious (and probably better) candidate for doing that would be
> TIP/PCUG, not that I speak for them. StephenR is still a vital part of
> TIP.

TIP used to host the AUUG web site and mailing lists and domains.  I
would be happy to do that again (either on TIP infrastructure (if they
are willing) or on my own hosted machine (ozlabs.org)).

To that end I would like to propose the formation of the AUUG
Preservation Society (or Historical Society if people would prefer) with
founding members Greg Lehey, myself, Karl Auer, Lawrie Brown and any
other current or ex member of AUUG who wants to put their hand up.  The
purpose of the Society is to preserve the electronic assets of AUUG until
such time as AUUG wishes to resume its activities.

To that end I call on the board (or failing that) the public officer to
transfer the domain name and the contents of the web site and mailing
lists (and any other "non tangible" assets it sees fit) into the safe
keeping of the Society.

All in favour, say Aye!

As a current member (with a vested interest :-)) I would support this
move.
--
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell                    sfr at canb.auug.org.au
Founding Member AUUG Preservatio Society
http://www.canb.auug.org.au/~sfr/