[AUUG-Talk]: Wind up AUUG: Objections?

Greg 'groggy' Lehey Greg.Lehey at auug.org.au
Wed Oct 22 09:58:21 EST 2008

On Wednesday, 22 October 2008 at  7:59:50 +1100, steve jenkin wrote:
> David Newall wrote on 22/10/08 4:01 AM:
>
>>> From the response to my request to the board for contact details, I
>> believe that AUUG does not have a functioning Board.  As a further
>> result, I believe the only course remaining is to apply to have the
>> organisation wound up.  Does anybody believe differently?
I think that's been clear for a long time :-(

I think that's been clear for a long time :-(

> Any idea of the process?
>
> There is at least one group (Karl, groggy, StephenR) who've indicated
> they wish to take over the domains.

FWIW, David Newall is on this list too, and in principle I believe he
still is.  I'd like to also pretend that this is the full AUUG,
currently very quiet, but waiting to come back with renewed vigour.

> AUUG has the ability to transfer items, but that would need a
> functioning board.

It would require some kind of decision by an authoritative body.  If
there's no board, it would have to be something else.

> Any ideas on how to advance that?
>
> [Is there a way to apply to an authority in Victoria to appoint a
> provisional board to execute the wind-up?]

One obvious person is the public officer, who I believe is David
Purdue (also explicitly copied).  David, do you know any more?  I'll
also contact consumer affairs, who appear to be the people who handle
this sort of stuff.  See http://tinyurl.com/5wrxrz for more details.

Greg
--
Finger grog at Freebsd.org for PGP public key.