[AUUG-Talk]: Re: [Auugps] AUUGPS v. Linux Australia v. AUUG continuing

Lawrie Brown Lawrie.Brown at canb.auug.org.au
Mon Nov 24 10:58:34 EST 2008

Hi Greg & All

On Mon, Nov 24, 2008 at 10:44:50AM +1100, Greg 'groggy' Lehey wrote:
> Why do we need to change the name?  Lawrie has given some good reasons
> for leaving the current setup, though I'm still not convinced that

And for the record, the more I've dug into this, the worse it seems,
so it is certainly my current, personal, view that AUUG Inc. the "legal
entity" is best discarded. However I am also firmly convinced that AUUG
the "community" should continue is some appropriate form, and thats
what I'm working towards. Whether is as a new organisation, or under
the umbrella of a group like Linux Australia, well I'm more ambivalent,
and waiting to see what the outcome of the AGM discussions is.

> it's necessary.  But it's also clear that I, as a non-member, have
> nothing to say.  I find this discrimination sad at this stage of the game.

Sigh - I'm sorry you feel that way, its NOT actually the intention.
For the record, I am currently drafting an update message, summarising
the (3) currently open options, which I hope to post to both AUUG-Talk
and Members later this week. I will explicitly be calling for anyone
who has a position on the options to state their views and supporting
arguments so they can be considered by those attending the AGM.  I can't
alter the fact that the rules state that only currently financial members
are eligable to vote at that meeting.

And a reminder that the AUUG AGM with its discussion of how best to
progress AUUG's future will be held in Canberra on Wed 10 Dec 2008 at
the CSC Office in Braddon. The notice and agenda are on the AUUG website.

Regards
Lawrie