[AUUG-Talk]: dissolution ballot

David Purdue david.purdue at auug.org.au
Sun Mar 16 17:37:25 EST 2008

David Vincent wrote:
> At the risk of seeming silly, what sort of thing can an ordinary
> member do to help 'NOW'?  I take it as read that we should encourage
> members to:
>
> - - become financial, and
> - - volunteer for the board
While that is true...

> What else can an ordinary member do?
In a word - participate.

I've said this many times before and I'll say it again - AUUG is a
society, a group of people who have formed an association based of
providing mutual benefit.

There is only mutual benefit if members other than the board contribute.

Here, off the top of my head, are a few things an ordinary member can do:

    * Spark up conversation on AUUG Talk (write about a topic that is
      not about dissolving AUUG).
    * Organise a meeting.
    * Attend a meeting that someone has organised.
    * Write a short article and send it to webmaster at auug.org.au to publish.
    * Tell a friend why it is worth joining AUUG.

Cheers,

DavidP