[AUUG-Talk]: Help keep AUUG alive!

Stephen Rothwell sfr at canb.auug.org.au
Sun Jan 20 17:53:45 EST 2008

On Sun, 20 Jan 2008 16:07:39 +1100 Greg 'groggy' Lehey <Greg.Lehey at auug.org.au> wrote:

> * Are you interested in the survival of AUUG if it doesn't cost you
>   money?

Yes.  (I even paid up my membership ...)

> * Are you prepared to take an active part in keeping it alive?

Yes.

> * What goals should the new AUUG pursue?

At least it could be a "meeting point" for IT people (I didn't say
professionals on purpose) to discuss technical (and maybe political)
topics of interest.  A place for the handing on of knowledge, a
historical society, in part.

> * Should it remain incorporated?

No, that (and the conference) is whee all the overheads and complications are.

> * What other issues should we consider?

A very general question to which I have no answer :-)
--
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell                    sfr at canb.auug.org.au