[AUUG-Talk]: Funds movement in the past

Luigi Cantoni Luigi.Cantoni at Dominos.nl
Thu Jan 17 17:22:33 EST 2008

Guys,
For those of you who remember I was the treasurer when all the
centralisation occurred.
I am still here (although far away so please I will 12 hours out with

Any more specific questions then the general answers below I will
happily answer but I suggest they would be best directed to the current
Treasure (or other suitable committee member) and he should ask me. That
way if any report is required or anything he can officially give it and
detail the answers.

As a quick guide and some simple answers.
There was around half a dozen "chapters" at the time.
About 3 where effectively doing little or nothing.
For those that agreed and I think that end up being all but one all
funds where transferred and all payments for that chapter where then
made from the central accounts.
This worked well and meeting venues and things like "nibbles" where all
paid by central.
It was better then giving them a bunch of money at the start of the year
and then asking them to explain where it went a year or two later.
The amount of money transferred to central was not much from any of
these.
In fact for one it took me a year to manage to locate suitable signers
to be able to get to the funds to move to AUUG so in fact if I had not
done that our government would have got the money after 7 years or so.

In fact all chapters where making looses and thus funds where going from
central to the chapters. I think the only exception was Canberra and the
main issues there was not the funds because in fact they where not large
and we agreed to keep a running balance of it so any Canberra money
would go back to Canberra. The issue in fact was that there was
equipment which was jointly controlled with some others and that had to
be sorted.

Overall everyone was happy and the chapters got more from central (if
you just measured money) then they put in.

Thanks Luigi
Luigi Cantoni
IT Manager Europe
Dominos Pizza Netherlands B.V.
Tel: +31 3 4875 1016
Fax: +31 3 4875 1001
Mobile: +31 6 5023 4731
Email: luigi.cantoni at dominos.nl
Korenmolenlaan 1h
3447GG Woerden, Utrecht
Netherlands
Disclaimer:

This message, including any attachments, is intended only for the use
of the addressee(s) and may contain information that is privileged,
confidential and/or subject to copyright. Any other use, distribution,
copying or disclosure is strictly prohibited. If you are not the
intended recipient or have received this message in error, please
notify us immediately by reply e-mail and permanently delete this
message, including any attachments, without reading, or distributing
it or making a copy.