[AUUG-Talk]: Any progress on continuing as an unincorporated organisation

Adrian Close adrian at auug.org.au
Thu Jan 17 15:28:01 EST 2008

On Thu, 17 Jan 2008, steve jenkin wrote:

> Are you saying that CAUUG doesn't exist??

No.  I'm simply asking what form of legal entity it is, if any, and
whether it has a bank account.

The answers to those questions will likely shed some light on the reason
why the then-Treasurer of some years past was keen to centralise any and
all chapter monies in the AUUG Inc. account.

As I recall, there was an undertaking to make money available for chapter
activities, but I haven't heard a lot out of CAUUG in recent times, which
likely explains why there hasn't been a lot of disbursement going on.

Meanwhile, the organisation it not what it once was, and while we've tried
to keep a lid on the operating costs, there are some.  From memory we took
a significant loss on the 2006 conference (last year's was most even, I
suspect) and right now I suspect we're pretty much treading water.

Anyway, as Chris said, the keys to the kingdom can be yours without too
much hassle, so if you're really excited about it...

Adrian.