[AUUG-Talk]: AUUG AGM Update & RFC

Christopher Vance Christopher.Vance at auug.org.au
Wed Dec 10 10:02:46 EST 2008

On Wed, Dec 10, 2008 at 09:00:12AM +1100, Greg 'groggy' Lehey wrote:
>As a non-member, I won't be there.  I'd appreciate if somebody would
>raise the issue of the name of the "new" association.  I strongly
>believe that it should be AUUG.

As a non-member you're welcome to attend but not to vote.

Unless AUUG feels the proposed or actual name of a new association is
too close to its own, and chooses to object to the relevant government
body(s), I don't really think AUUG (per se) has any standing to
determine anything the new association does, including its name.

Discussion about the name belongs among AUUGPS, not AUUG, even though
there is (presumably) significant overlap.  If you want to discuss
AUUGPS please go to the right place.

--
Christopher Vance