[AUUG-Talk]: Any activity?

Frank Crawford frank at crawford.emu.id.au
Thu Apr 24 21:04:35 EST 2008

On Thu, 2008-04-24 at 11:30 +1000, Greg 'groggy' Lehey wrote:
> Clearly this is in need of overhaul, but first we need a committee
> that is prepared to do it.

Agreed, which is why I started this discussion.

> > While I'm not on the board, I'd propose that the board drops the
> > membership fee to $10, effective immediately
>
> Why not drop it altogether?  Really, we're not getting even $10 worth
> at the moment.  If there is some legal requirement for a membership
> fee, I'd like to:

Actually, one reason I see to have a fee is that it is a fairly standard
acknowledgment that they want to be involved, i.e. put your money where
your mouth is.

I would also agree that we aren't even getting $10 of value, but ...

> - Know what it is.
> - See the fee reduced to $1.

I have no problem with even $1, although I've often found that $10 is
actually easier to pay, e.g. by cheque, credit card, etc, than $1.  For
$1 I start to wonder why I'm also spending 50c on a stamp, etc.

Frank