[AUUG-Talk]: Re: The future of AUUG

Gregory Orange gregory.orange at metoceanengineers.com
Mon Oct 22 12:40:52 EST 2007

Frank Crawford wrote:
> On Fri, 2007-10-19 at 17:42 +1100, John Dalton wrote:
>> The CFP for LCA 2008 explicitly included the BSDs and any other FLOSS
>> topic - it's certainly not restricted to GPL only.
>
> But not proprietary systems.
>
>> SAGE-AU is an organisation which supports both free and proprietary
>> *nix systems..
>
> System administration issues for such systems.
>
> Both of these overlap AUUG, and overlap each other, but are not a
> complete coverage of all AUUG's areas.
>
> For example, neither would cover kernel developments of Solaris ZFS (as
> listed).  I am aware that in reality both would probably take relevant
> talks, but that doesn't change restrictions.
>
> It does indicate that there are groups who feel they fit AUUG, but not
> LCA or SAGE-AU.

Out of curiosity, where does ACS fit into all of this? Or where do
people perceive that ACS fits? I've always been curious about them and
they don't often get mentioned in any circles I frequent.

      Gregory Orange             Phone: +61 8 9387 7955
     System Administator            Fax: +61 8 9387 6686
    RPS MetOcean                         http://www.metoceanengineers.com
   System Administrators Guild of Australia  http://www.sage-au.org.au