[AUUG-Talk]: A template for monthly meetings/talks.

Adrian Close adrian at auug.org.au
Tue Oct 16 16:19:16 EST 2007

On Tue, 16 Oct 2007, David Newall wrote:

> Sadly, not far enough.  At some point I needed to get into contact with Lucy
> Chubb, but after failing, twice, I gave up.  Sorry.

No worries.  The plaque is sitting at my desk, so I think about it from
time to time.

People, we are custodians of a significant amount of cash held in trust
for the John Lions student prize (for research work in Open Systems).  We
haven't given it out since 2002.  I suspect this is because we don't have
a lot of [student] members and are no longer really in touch with the
academic community.

It would be nice to find some deserving soul to receive the award in 2007.
So, I'm soliciting suggestions for appropriate people.  The award has
obviously fallen out of the student conciousness, so we'll need to go hunting.

Details of the prize: http://new.auug.org.au/resources/lions_award

Who is this John Lions guy anyway?: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Lions

Looking forward to hearing from you all.

Adrian.