[AUUG-Talk]: AUUG AGM, Sunday 14 October

Joel Sing joel at ionix.com.au
Thu Oct 11 18:23:37 EST 2007

On Thu, 11 Oct 2007 15:50, Christopher Vance wrote:
> Sunday arvo, 4pm, Melbourne Museum.
>
> See you there.

I hate to be a wet blanket, however if this is the first notification of the
AGM to members, the AGM will not be valid.

From the AUUG constitution, section 15.1:

http://new.auug.org.au/resources/roles/constitution/

"Written notice of the time and place for each meeting and its agenda shall be
mailed to each voting member of the AUUG at least four weeks before the date
of the meeting."

Any outcomes or decisions from the AGM would be considered invalid if
challenged, since appropriate notice has not been given to members (this
happened to another organisation that I am involved with and the first AGM
had to be declared null and void, and a second one held with appropriate
notice being given - a very, very messy situation). Since there are likely to
be decisions that impact on the continued running of AUUG, I think it would
be important to get this right.

Then again, perhaps there was a notice sent out four weeks or more ago, which
I haven't seen... For AUUG's sake, I hope this is the case!
             => Joel Sing | joel at ionix.com.au | 0419 577 603 <=