[Talk] Mailing List Memberships

David Lloyd lloy0076 at rebel.net.au
Wed Mar 21 21:19:45 EST 2007

Glenn

> Given the ease of setting up mail lists using either advertising
> supported ones like egroups, or ezmlm or majordomo or mailman or
> <insert you favourite> why can't you just create a new list? It's not
> that hard.

I agree that it is easy to do, but it's easy to buy PC's with perfectly
working versions of Windows.

> Given that you want to discuss a specific topic (wireless) it may be
> that other members on the auugsa list are not interested in that, but
> they can't unsubscribe without potentially missing auug related
> messages.

But they can talk to the list -- or heaven forbid the secretary -- and
say something about it. If you subscribe to any "generic" mailing list
then you're almost certainly going to get some talk that you find
irrelevant...perhaps I should make the list fully moderated and filter
out all the topics that I think people won't be interested in.

Oh! I'd probably just block them all...(except for the meeting
announcements)...

*heheh*

--
Train comes I don't know it's destination...
  It's a one way ticket to a mad man's situation!