[AUUG-Talk]: AUUG2007 speakers

Arjen Lentz arjen at mysql.com
Wed Feb 7 12:01:58 EST 2007

Hi Steve,

On 06/02/2007, at 12:05 PM, Steve Landers wrote:
> On 06/02/2007, at 10:02 AM, Adrian Close wrote:
>
>> P.S.  We haven't had a conference theme in recent years and I
>> think we need one.  Ideas wanted.  Winning suggestion gets at
>> least a choccy frog.
>
> Without wishing to be (too) provocative - how about something along
> the lines of "Open Source Software - it's more than just Linux" ;-)

LCA also had BSD, microkernel, OpenSolaris and other talks.
So the above is by no means a differentiator.

There are a number of currently well attended conferences in Australia:
  - LCA: kernel and other lowlevel stuff, assorted geeky gadgets.
  - SAGE-AU: sysadmin related stuff.
  - OSDC: more higher level developer stuff (app languages/tools).

These three appear to neatly complement eachother.
Can you indicate where AUUG fits?

Regards,
Arjen.
--
Arjen Lentz, Support Engineer & Trainer, MySQL AB
Based in Brisbane, Australia