[AUUG-Talk]: AUUG2007 speakers

Greg Black gjb at auug.org.au
Tue Feb 6 12:41:20 EST 2007

On 2007-02-06, Adrian Close wrote:

> Preparations for AUUG2007 are underway.

Could we possibly have at least a sentence or two about that on the AUUG
website?  I can't find anything with the search thing (which seems to be
pretty limited, by the way) and clicking on the "Events" link on the
home page gets me:

    Upcoming events.

    There are currently no results for this search.

> Who would make you say "I've just _got_ to be at that conference"?  What
> speaker would make your boss send you (and preferably your team)?

The big thing for me would be to see clear evidence on the website that
AUUG is still alive and functioning and that a real conference is being
planned.  If I could show people that we had a date and a venue and a
call for papers, that would help a lot.

I'm not being negative here, but I do think we have a bit of ground to
make up from the rather uncertain approach that was seen with the 2006
event.

Cheers, Greg