[AUUG-Talk]: Re: Don't close AUUG down!

Glenn Satchell Glenn.Satchell at uniq.com.au
Fri Dec 14 23:46:34 EST 2007

>Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2007 22:52:16 +1100 (EST)
>From: Dave Horsfall <dave at horsfall.org>
>To: talk at auug.org.au
>Subject: Re: [AUUG-Talk]: Re: Don't close AUUG down!
>
>On Thu, 13 Dec 2007, Adrian Close wrote:
>
>> - Susie Close was co-opted to the board and automatically promoted to
>> Secretary.  Thanks Susie!
>>
>> - Jon Wright was co-opted to the board as an ordinary member.  Thanks Jon!
>>
>> - Peter Wishart was co-opted to the board with a view to taking on the
>> Treasurer role as soon as an orderly handover can be organised with Chris.
>> Thanks Peter!
>
>An excellent response.
>
>> - A motion was passed to conduct a dissolution ballot of the financial
>> membership (all 39 of us).  This is _not_ the end, but it _is_ the final
>> wake-up call.
>
>And somebody has to say it, so I may as well: I wonder whether AUUG will
>see, ahem, a sudden increase in membership...

So it would seem that to keep AUUG going requires 30-40 people to pony
up their membership fee and vote to keep it going when this ballot is
sent out. Of course some of those "new" members might also like to sit
on the board and work to keep things going ...

regards,
-glenn
--
Glenn Satchell     mailto:glenn.satchell at uniq.com.au | It's a dog  eat dog