[AUUG-Talk]: bequests and benefactors

Adrian Close adrian at auug.org.au
Tue Dec 11 11:53:24 EST 2007

On Tue, 11 Dec 2007, David Newall wrote:

> Christopher Vance wrote:
>> The majority of AUUG's assets currently is the Lions Award account
>
> Sorry to keep being a stickler, but I believe this is NOT an AUUG asset.  We
> really should acknowledge this and cease scheming over it.

We really _do_ acknowledge it.  It really is money the board does not
touch for any purpose except that of the John Lions Student Prize (which
has unfortunately not been given out since 2002).

It _is_ an asset that we need to manage/dispose of responsibly, and I'm
pretty sure that's all Chris meant.

Adrian Close <adrian at auug.org.au>
President, AUUG Inc.