[AUUG-Talk]: When did AUUG-Talk become member-only?

AUUG Incorporated Christopher.Vance at auug.org.au
Mon Dec 10 21:04:47 EST 2007

On 10/12/2007, at 8:34 PM, Dave Horsfall wrote:
> A good friend of mine, unfinancial largely due to AUUG's
> ineptitude, finds
> that he is unable to post to this list.  I cannot help but escape the
> conclusion that the list membership was purged recently; is this a
> pre-cursor of things to come?

Unfinancial is unintentional.  After the business manager left, there
was noone to do autorenews, and by the time I became Treasurer, I
felt the time distance was too great to suddenly start charging
people again.  Maybe I should have said something about this a year
or so ago, but I didn't.

I do believe the Secretary was going to (attempt to) contact recently
expired people a year or so ago, but he has also left, so I can't
verify this was actually done.

There has, to my knowledge, been no attempt to exclude anybody from
the mailing lists.

If you have concerns about how a particular sender address has been
handled, please email me offline with details of time attempted and
our MTA's behaviour, and I will check the relevant logs.

-- Christopher Vance, Treasurer