[AUUG-Talk]: Issues of AUUGN from Vol 1 No 1 onwards available

Steve Landers steve at digitalsmarties.com
Fri Sep 29 00:07:38 EST 2006

On 28/09/2006, at 7:32 PM, Dave Horsfall wrote:

> Whilst looking for a recent AUUGN (see thread about membership renewal
> if you're terminally curious/bored) mine eyes espied a pile of old
> AUUGNs,
> from Vol 1 No 1 (October 1978) to Vol 3 No 6 (Aug/Sep 1981).  And I
> know I
> have the rest of them somewhere, but they're probably packed away.
>
> It contains the famous Thrust Meter, a few papers by Yours Truly,
> and I
> think it has the short assembly program that would bring a
> PDP-11/70 to
> its knees (the infamous "SPL" firmware bug).
>
> Free to an *organisation* that can use them, on condition they
> never get
> chucked out and are available for viewing (even if as a PDF).  I'll
> make
> this offer to the TUHS/PUPS people as well.

Doesn't have to be either/or - if we can find volunteers to do the
scanning then our interest would be primarily PDF with a view to
making them available via the new website.  Having the originals with
TUHS makes sense as well.

Cheers

Steve

--
Steve Landers, Vice President
AUUG - The Organisation for Unix, Linux and Open Source Professionals
mailto:steve.landers at auug.org.au