[AUUG-Talk]: Re: Membership Renewals

Dave Horsfall dave at horsfall.org
Thu Sep 28 21:13:34 EST 2006

On Tue, 26 Sep 2006, David Purdue wrote:

> You don't need really to know your member number to renew unless you
> have changed your name since last renewal. It just makes it easier to
> look up your present record.

Then perhaps the web form could mention this?

> Of course, you could have read Raymond's email saying to write to him if
> you needed to know your member status. Is member number part of member
> status? Well, let's assume it is.

And any reasonable security precaution would involve me stating my
address, and having used several over the years and being unable to locate
a recent AUUGN[*] I have no idea which is currently in use.

> Or, in other words, stop nit picking, go to http://www.auug.org.au/join
> and renew already!

Which is what I was trying to do...

> P.S. I will send you your member number in private email (although
> anyone who has been a member as long as you have should have it
> memorised).

Jeeze mate, when you're past 50 like I am you have trouble remembering
why you went into a particular room...

[*] But I did find a bunch of AUUGNs from Vol 1 No 1 onwards...  Details
    in next post.

-- Dave