[AUUG-Talk]: Re: AUUG 2006 Annual General Meeting

David Bullock db at dawnbreaks.net
Sun Sep 17 03:02:52 EST 2006

On 9/17/06, Dave Horsfall <dave at horsfall.org> wrote:

> On Sat, 16 Sep 2006, Adrian Close wrote:
>
> > > And Greg Lehey's message doesn't even rate a mention? Wow.
> >
> > There has been plenty of discussion on that subject already and I'm sure
> > there will be more at the AGM.
>
> The AGM which according to Greg's original post cannot be convened?  That
> one?

Well, the constitution stipulates that notice of the AGM must be sent at
least 4 weeks before the AGM itself is held.  The committte are not actually
required to hold the AGM co-incidental to the conference - it can be any
time in the latter 6 months of the year.

It is entirely in the committe's power to give notice of an AGM to be held
on 25th of December, for example.

However, the present comittee, being more committed to engaging the
membership than in playing stupid political games, have decided to
nonetheless hold the AGM at the conference as usual (which is when the
previous AGM determined it would be).  As things have turned out, they were
a day or two late in giving such notice, but I would not construe such
lateness as a move on their part to obstruct the normal processes of running
the organisation.

sincerely,
David Bullock