[AUUG-Talk]: Re: AUUG 2006 Annual General Meeting

Adrian Close adrian at auug.org.au
Sat Sep 16 02:37:40 EST 2006

On Fri, 15 Sep 2006, Michi Henning wrote:

> And Greg Lehey's message doesn't even rate a mention? Wow.

There has been plenty of discussion on that subject already and I'm sure
there will be more at the AGM.

If you want a statement from me, I'll say for now that I don't think
winding up AUUG is the correct course of action - there is plenty more
useful stuff we can do (and we can get better at doing it, for sure).  If
people want to be a part of that, great.  If not, no-one is forcing anyone
to be a member.

Meanwhile, it is clear that we are behind in where we "should" be with the
conference at this time, according to the traditional schedule.  However,
the board feels it is generally more useful to proceed with the conference
than to postpone or cancel at this point, and we see no reason why we
cannot still run a successful conference.

As such, we are focussing our attention on preparations for the
conference, which would seem to be the most important matter at hand.

I welcome continued discussion, but I won't have a lot to say myself until
the conference is sorted.

Adrian Close <adrian at auug.org.au>
pstn: +61 417 346 094

P.S.  We still have about 2 slots open in the conference programme.  I'd
love to hear from anyone who might like to fill them.