[AUUG-Talk]: AUUG Membership Lapse

David Newall david.newall at auug.org.au
Fri Sep 15 16:10:02 EST 2006

Stephen Jenkin wrote:
> Joel raises some *excellent* points here.
> I think it's a little unfair to compare IEEE's member benefits to AUUG -
> the proportion of overheads because of membership numbers is completely
> different.

I understand that the AUUG conferences have, for a number of years,
returned a surplus sufficient to cover the business manager's wage.  Now
that there is no business manager, and presuming that the conference
runs as well without her assistance as with, then it's fair to expect
AUUG's finances to dramatically improve.