[AUUG-Talk]: Well? (AUUG2006)

Adrian Close adrian at auug.org.au
Sat Oct 14 13:56:38 EST 2006

On Fri, 13 Oct 2006, David Newall wrote:

> How did it go?  Those of us stuck in sick-beds want to know.

Commiserations!

I'm a little biased of course, but I think the conference went well, given
some of the factors involved.  It was definitely a more... intimate affair
than we are used to, but it seemed to me that those who attended not only
enjoyed themselves but got something out of it.

One thing is clear, however - we cannot afford to run another event like
that with the level of attendance we had.  I suspect that a little less
negative publicity and a little more (dare I say it) marketing could go a
long way there.

The AGM was a less heated affair than it might have been - there was no
motion to wind up the organisation, and I'm confident that even if there
had been, it would not have been passed.  We still have a bunch of
motivated people in AUUG (some are recover[ed/ing] burnout victims) and we
want to make stuff happen.  (Still no takers for AUUGN editor, mind!)

Anyway, I hope you can get out of bed soon and come to the next
conference!

Best regards,

Adrian Close
President, AUUG Inc.