[AUUG-Talk]: Personal Contributions - AUUG's Value Add

Norberto Meijome numard at meijome.net
Fri Oct 6 01:27:50 EST 2006

On Thu, 5 Oct 2006 23:06:21 +1000 (EST)
Dave Horsfall <dave at horsfall.org> wrote:

> Now we get to the nub of the matter; does anyone bother cross-checking web
> sources such as Google and Wikipedia etc?

[ interesting thread...but somewhat too nit-picky argument...]
Well, FWIW, actually someone DID check Wikipedia's accuracy vs. Encyclopedia
Brittanica...and they had the same % of errors... Google for the right
reference ;)

> Or does one blindly believe
> them?

I imagine we all make judgement calls... I doubt we (ok, I ) would
believe anything blindly, but if something *makes* sense, or comes from a
somewhat trustworthy source you would value that information more. eg, if you
go to the AUUG conference, I would imagine you would actually believe some of
the information provided there...

{Beto|Norberto|Numard} Meijome

Without vision you may find that you make your way through life by bumping into
things.

Warned.