[AUUG-Talk]: Re: Sell me an Apple!

David McDonald david.mcdonald at securitymail.com.au
Mon Mar 27 11:51:19 EST 2006

Greg Black said:
> Agreed that the OS is crap.  So is the hardware.

I've certainly encountered some crap Apple hardware ... The model
designation was, if I recall correctly "9600" (but it may have been
9400) - an oldworld G3 powermac as I recall.

But all the hardware that I've seen since then has been very impressive
though. Sad to see them ditching the power architecture though - the
Cell series looks quite impressive, and seems (to me, uneducated in
these matters though I may be) to be heading the same way as Sun's
latest processors.

Dave McDonald