[AUUG-Talk]: Documenting how ADSL modems work?

Leon Brooks leon at cyberknights.com.au
Fri Sep 9 13:51:51 EST 2005

On Friday 09 September 2005 11:30, Andrew Rutherford wrote:
> You might be surprised how many ISP's calculate ADSL charging
> including all the padding on the end of cells. Then again, maybe you
> wouldn't be surprised. :-/

In my handy-dandy little home office, I never come within cooee of the
monthly cap anyway (best I've ever done is 6GB billable in one month,
cap is 15GB), and get a solid 52/53kB/s upload and download speed out
of a nominally 512kb/s symmetrical connection. That's from ArachNet,
who've just sold their ADSL business to AmNet.

Cheers; Leon

http://linux.org.au/            Member, Linux Australia