[AUUG-Talk]: Re: [sa-auug] What do members want out of AUUG?

David Purdue david.purdue at auug.org.au
Fri Jan 7 00:07:45 EST 2005

I meant to hit "Reply all"....

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: [AUUG-Talk]: Re: [sa-auug] What do members want out of AUUG?
Date: Thu, 06 Jan 2005 23:49:43 +1100
From: David Purdue <david.purdue at auug.org.au>
To: Andrew <andrew at ugh.net.au>

Hi all,

Andrew wrote:
> On 05/01/2005, at 1:21 AM, Benjamin Close wrote:
>
>>    o Since AUUG have a online server:
>>          o Provide secondary DNS for domains
>
> This service is available AFAIK. An email was sent a long time ago
> (though I can't find it now).

Yes, this service is available, and the procedure is pretty simple:

- Send an email to hostmaster at auug.org.au with your name, membership
number (if you know it, if not we'll look it up), domain name and IP
address of the primary server for that domain.

- Don't forget to configure the primary server to allow zone transfers
from the AUUG name server (150.101.248.57).

- If you cease to be a member, the AUUG server will still serve your
domain for two months (to give you a good chance to renew). Some time
after that it will be turned off.

Another service that is available is an @auug.org.au alias that can
follow you around:

- Write to postmaster at auug.org.au with your name, membership number (if
you know it, if not we'll look it up), preferred alias and address to
forward mail to.

- Again, if you cease to be a member, your alias will be turned off.

DavidP
--
David Purdue, President
AUUG Incorporated