[AUUG-Talk]: Re: [BUGA] Mobile phone/PDA recommendations?

Brett Lymn blymn at baesystems.com.au
Fri Dec 9 13:02:07 EST 2005

On Fri, Dec 09, 2005 at 12:09:59PM +1030, Greg 'groggy' Lehey wrote:

> Can anybody suggest useful alternatives to the HP?

here at work we are using a lot of O2 products for this sort of thing,
see:

<http://www.seeo2.com/>

The XDA IIi hits most of your requirements apart from memory.  I have
used one of these devices for a while for work.  If you don't mind
holding a pda to your face (or can stand wearing a hands-free all the
time) then it's ok as a phone.  PDA functionality is pretty standard,
pocket pc 2003.  The only thing that annoyed me, at it is pretty
petty, is that the vibrate notification is not different between a
phone call and a sms message - for me this is a pain because I cannot
always hear the phone ring _and_ I get a lot of SMS notifications, my
current phone (sony ericsson T230 I think) differentiates between the
ring and sms with a different vibrate pattern.... I never found if
this was possible with the O2.

--
Brett Lymn