[AUUG-Talk]: The future of AUUGN

Greg Black gjb at auug.org.au
Wed Sep 8 16:56:14 EST 2004

Well, I've read Greg Lehey's editorial "The new face of AUUGN"
in the current issue and it seems worthy of comment.  I must say
I'm disappointed the decision has been made "to stop production
of the paper version of AUUGN by the end of the year."

However, if the cost of printing is so high and if we really
could see a significant reduction in membership fees in return
for this move, I'm happy to accept the decision.

I do hope that AUUGN will continue -- preferably on the web
rather than in the form of CDs, which also cost money to produce
and distribute.  In fact, I'd think a new form of AUUGN, perhaps
built around a blog, might be a good thing.  Then we could just
subscribe to the RSS feed and be kept up to date.

I do like the inclusion of conference papers in the current
issue and would hope that might continue.

Cheers, Greg