[Talk] AUUG web needs work

Greg Black gjb at auug.org.au
Tue May 11 15:12:39 EST 2004

On 2004-05-11, David J N Begley wrote:
> Earlier today, David Newall wrote:
> > On Mon, 2004-05-10 at 23:44, Luke Mewburn wrote:
> > > On Thu, Apr 08, 2004 at 07:02:09PM +0930, david.newall at auug.org.au wrote:
> > >   | Isn't OpenSSL version 0.9.6g covered by a security vulnerability?  Ignoring
> > >   | that Apache is at least two versions behind, PHP is at least _six_ versions
> > >   | behind and mod_ssl is at least four versions behind.
> >
> > I didn't say those things.
>
> I did - as I recall it said so in the forwarded/quoted message.

I just had a look at the archive and saw that the message was
indeed from David Newall -- one problem with forwarding other
people's messages to a list is that mail software tends to
credit the From address as the author.  True, the internal
forwarded message was from David J N Begley, but it's asking a
bit from people to expect them to work on getting all the
attributions right when the method used to post a message is so
clumsy.  The best thing to do is to wrap the message up as if it
had been posted and then to add to it as desired -- then future
contributors will just get it right without having to jump
through hoops.

Anyway, the thing that really got my attention when I went to
look at the archive was the fact the AUUG seems to have got on
top of time travel -- there's a section of the archive with
messages from March 2007, so I thought it might be interesting
to see what sort of things would be of interest then (just to be
prepared).

It turns out that only David Lloyd has made the move into the
future and all the messages seem to be about the same old
stuff.  Maybe time travel isn't as exciting as it seems.

Cheers, Greg