[AUUG-Talk]: ACA says that Anti-spam laws are working...

Con Zymaris conz at cyber.com.au
Fri Jul 23 11:47:25 EST 2004

On Fri, Jul 23, 2004 at 11:37:52AM +1000, David Purdue wrote:
> According to The Age
> (http://www.theage.com.au/articles/2004/07/22/1090464779848.html) the
> Australian Communications Authority says that the new Anti-Spam laws
> have dramatically reduced the amount of spam we are all recevining.
>
> Has anyone noticed?

I think that the ACA has had someone install SpamAssassin, and yeah, look,
suddenly they are witnessing a reduction in spam to ACA mail users ;-)

No. No reduction.

I can't ever recall getting spam from any organisation which would be
adversely affected by the local anti-spam laws, so therefore no reduction
possible via that method.

Con Zymaris <conz at cyber.com.au> Level 4, 10 Queen St, Melbourne, Australia
Web: http://www.cyber.com.au/  Phone: 03 9621 2377   Fax: 03 9621 2477