[Talk] A template for monthly meetings/talks. COMMENTS PLEASE

david.newall at auug.org.au david.newall at auug.org.au
Tue Jan 20 18:18:38 EST 2004

Greg Black <gjb at auug.org.au> wrote:
> Vendors don't need support from AUUG -- they have their own
> methods for getting their message out wherever they want.

I don't think the idea was to give vendors a platform to reach
their users, but for Unix users to see what other vendors are doing.
For example, at AUUG 2003 SGI explained what they are doing with Linux
and why.  It was very interesting and would have been just so even if
they were (still) using a proprietary unix.

I think that the reason chapters are struggling is because it's too hard
to give a focus to meetings.  The idea has merit because it suggest a
way of getting a focus without too much effort.

Wouldn't one meeting from Sun, explaining where Linux and Solaris meet,
be interesting?