[Talk] Chilling effect?

Stephen Rothwell sfr at canb.auug.org.au
Wed Feb 25 00:58:05 EST 2004

On Tue, 24 Feb 2004 23:29:40 +1100 Enno Davids <enno.davids at metva.com.au> wrote:

> Personally, I'd like to see it made easier to use other platforms for these
> things, but banks in particular have to guard against the fact that not all
> browsers are equally safe. And if your money goes pffft, you're going to ring
> them and complain... You won't likely sit there saying "Gee maybe I shouldn't
> have done my finanacial transactions in a browser written in Ruby that I just
> refreshed from CVS". (Once agian, choose whichever language you like or
> loathe the most there...)

If safety of browser/OS was really a consideration, IE/MS Windows would be
the last thing you should support!  I will NOT let my children browse the
web or send/receive email on a Windows platform for their own safety and
the saftely of my PCs.  Much less use Windows for anything involving money
or stuff I want to keep secret.

--
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell                    sfr at canb.auug.org.au