[Talk] Chilling effect?

Greg Black gjb at auug.org.au
Tue Feb 24 18:39:46 EST 2004

On 2004-02-24, Greg 'groggy' Lehey wrote:
> On Tuesday, 24 February 2004 at 11:06:34 +0800, Leon Brooks wrote:
> > Recently, a denizen of the PLUG mailing list asked the National
> > Australia Bank why they don't support Mozilla. NAB's reply amounted to
> > "because it's Open Source" and they have so far refused to explain how
> > this has any bearing on their policy.
>
> OK, I have a mortgage with an NAB subsidiary, so this interested me.
> I went to http://www.national.com.au/ with mozilla, galeon and
> Netscape, all with no problems.  They don't even have the broken
> rendering with big fonts that many others have.  What does "don't
> support Mozilla" mean?  I'm quite prepared to take the matter up with
> them, but it would be good to have a solid case.

I have various accounts with them too.  What happens is that, if
their cookie has expired or been purged, they tell you that you
need Netscape or IE.  But they also allow you to click on a
button to go ahead and try anyway and they allow you to tick a
box to avoid being reminded about this next time.

Once you then go ahead with mozilla or galeon or opera, all
works as it should.  Better than the CBA, which has print
functions that crash galeon and mozilla.

Cheers, Greg