[AUUG-Talk]: Printed AUUGN: Value or not?

Glenn Huxtable glenn at huxtable.wattle.id.au
Mon Dec 6 23:00:07 EST 2004

> I have a question: Would any of you, or do you know of anybody, who
> would fail to renew membership because AUUGN was no longer printed?

I don't get along to conferences these days (I live on the right side of the
country, but not for AUUG conferences) and I admit I don't often get around to
reading a lot of AUUGN, but I'd be sorry to see the printed AUUGN go.

I wouldn't resign my membership over it, but it would certainly make it harder
to answer the question "what benefit am I getting from AUUG mambership" next
time we have to consider our budget and whether we continue spending on
membership (USENIX and SAGE-US went that way).

I'm not sure whether a soft edition of AUUGN would cut it. There's just so much
information available on the net today, it may just pale into "yet another bit
of info from the net".

Glenn